To qualify, a candidate is required to meet the following:
- Be of a rank of a Staff Brigadier or Staff Colonel with at least two years seniority.
- Shall be a holder of at least a Bachelor Degree accredited by the concerned authorities in the state or have successfully completed a Staff College Course with not less than a 'Good' rating.
- Has achieved 'Very Good' in his annual performance report for the last three years.
- Be a holder of ICDL, IC3 or an equivalent certificate.
- Shall pass the English Language Test.
Emirati Civil Servants
- Must be a holder of a Bachelor Degree accredited by the concerned authorities in the state and has obtained an average of "Good" as a minimum.
- Shall be of 1st grade category or higher in the public service system.
- Must be a potential candidate for a senior post in the state ,ministry or department he /she works in.
- Shall have obtained 'Very Good' in his annual performance report for his last three years of service.
- Be a holder of ICDL , IC3 or an equivalent certificate.
- Must pass the English Language Test.
Candidates from Arab and friendly countries
The aforementioned requirements shall apply to all candidates from Arab and friendly countries. A specific number of those candidates shall be admitted to the course upon the approval of the College Higher Council.
The Chief of Staff shall have the right to relieve candidates from some of the course prerequisites as the public interest dictates.