The Strategic Security Studies Program of the National Defense College is an intensive graduate level program that focuses on the domestic and international contexts in which national security strategy is developed, the orchestration of military and non-military instruments of power, national security organizations and decision making processes, and the formulation and implementation of strategy.
The program’s curriculum is highly fluid: new courses will be added to ensure representation of current knowledge and trends in the discipline, and existing courses are regularly updated to reflect new knowledge and trends.
The study program was carefully planned to meet the requirements of the National Defense course as it provides an analytical study of the prevalent strategic environment and the rapidly changing factors at the international, regional and national levels. The study program includes courses related to strategy, national security, crisis management, economics, international relations, international law and contemporary issues. As part of the study plan, the college conducts two study tours (regional and international) so that participant student can closely examine the economic and political environment. In addition to discussing some contemporary issues, participants are required at the end of the course to complete a capstone research project.
- Develop a full understanding of the strategic environment (national, regional and international) and its impact on national security.
- Apply right planning criteria for employing national and defense resources in the country.
- Analyze basic considerations of strategic theories and their impact on state management.
- Assess internal and external strategic challenges and threats to reach choices and alternatives.
- Build a general framework for formulating specialized military, economic and political strategies or a comprehensive national strategy.
- The National Defense College grants a Masters Degree or a PhD Degree in Security and Strategic Studies or any other certificate or academic qualification decided in the future.
- The students who do not meet the graduation requirements of the affiliated university shall be issued a Diploma in Strategic Studies of the State Resources.
The language of instruction for the course is
The course duration is between
43-45 weeks, divided into three semesters.